Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/isukni0sts6s/public_html/domains/ on line 706

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/isukni0sts6s/public_html/domains/ on line 706

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/isukni0sts6s/public_html/domains/ on line 707

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/isukni0sts6s/public_html/domains/ on line 707
Artists and Entertainers (P visa) | Zontlaw


Are you a foreign national: performing artist, entertainer, or a foreign national athlete? Do you have work obligations in the United States that require you to go to the U.S. to perform/entertain, or compete in your sport?

Professional Security

Client Support

Excellent Services for your $

Nonimmigrants that will be coming to the U.S. to participate in athletic events, or perform and entertainment as part of a group of performers, may be eligible for a P visa. Since people seeking a P visa often need the visa quickly to make it to an event or competition, premium processing is available. Admission under a P visa is generally for the duration of a specific competition, performance, or event.

There are many different categories of P Visas, but the major ones are as follows:

P-1A:  Athletes or entire Athletic Teams. To be eligible for a P-1 Visa, you must be an internationally recognized athlete, or your team can qualify based on the international reputation of the team (not that of the individual atheltes on the team).

Read more about the P-1A Visa 

P-1B: Member of an Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group. To be eligible for a P-1B, you must be entering the United States to participate with your “internationally recognized” entertainment group. This visa is perfect for well known musical groups, teatre troops, magician acts, and more!

Read more about the P-1B Visa

P-2: Artists and entertainers in exchange programs. To be eligible for a P-2 you must be an artist or entertainer coming to the US under a reciprocal exchange program.

P-3: Culturally unique artists and entertainers. To be eligible for a P-3 you must be an artist or entertainer coming to the US under a culturally unique program to perform, teach, or coach.

P-4: This visa is available for dependents of P1, P2, or P3 holder. Eligible dependents are spouses and/or unmarried children under the age of 21.

Essential Support Personnel – P visas are also available for support personnel who perform support services that can not be readily performed by a U.S. Worker. Includes: coaches, scouts, trainers, and team officials.


How long can I stay in the U.S. on P-1 work visa?
You may stay in the U.S. for up to five years with extensions not to exceed a total stay of ten years.
Can I bring my dependents?
Yes, spouse and unmarried children under 21 may apply for P-4 visa
Can P-1 holder apply for adjustment of status?
Yes, you can apply for Green card to become a permanent resident of the U.S.

Contact Attorney J.Greenberg

9 + 10 =



More Features

100% Secure

Where and what

Up-to-date Forms

Comprehensive forms

Error Checking

Evidence Checklist


Our online software makes it so easy to complete your immigration paperwork


She was perfect! It was such a luck to have Julia Greenberg referred to me by my acquaintance. She is the most caring and helpful attorney I have ever worked with. She is very professional and knowledgeable in the immigration law, and she gave me great advice! I appreciate most that she is always available by phone or returns missed calls shortly – this is something that many attorneys in NYC do not do or have their assistants do who never give the correct answer. I approached Julia to help me prepare for my citizenship interview since I had, frankly speaking, not an easy case, and she did the best  job I could expect. I could not imagine how my interview would have gone without her; her support was significant! If I ever have a question about any immigration matter I would definitely ask Julia for help again. Awesome

Anya Shapkina  on July 6, 2017

Julia Greenberg helps me during the interview process and advises me on the process followed. She is very supportive and handles. She impressed me not only with the professionalism, but also with the art of communication as an outstanding attorney.She is quick to respond to any question that I have. Julia has helped me every step of the way with my case. Thank you!!

Alie Keshfedinova

Julia is very professional, competent and knows how to get the best deal for her clients. What we appreciated about her service was that she always answered our calls or got back to us in a very short amount of time. We had a very stressful issue with the officer but Julia was able resolve it and have our case successfully processed the same day. We could have not done it without her. She is a smart lawyer and a great negotiator with a wonderful personality. Hire Julia Greenberg if you want to get a real result!


Becoming a US citizen entails specific rights, duties and following benefits: consular protection outside the United States; ability to sponsor relatives living abroad; ability to invest in US. real property without triggering additional taxes; transmitting US citizenship to children; protection from deportation and others. U.S. law permits multiple citizenship. A citizen of another country naturalized as a U.S. citizen may retain his previous citizenship
Our blog
Visa categories for foreign athletes

There are two visa categories for foreign athletes and entertainers to come to the United States for a temporary period of time. The two categories actually mirror each other quite a bit, however the legal standards are different.P Visas: Athletes and Entertainers...

read more
Visa and Immigration Options for Athletes

What option you select, will generally depend on what your goals are for your athletics, how long you wish to compete or train in your sport in the United States, and your current status as an athlete. Are you an athlete that wants to come to the United States in...

read more
The E-2 “Treaty Investor” Visa

The E-2 Visa allows “treaty investors” to come and work in the United States to develop or direct a business enterprise, in which they have invested in, or that they are in the process of investing in. Want to live in the United States? Always dreamed of starting and...

read more

Be aware of all the developments in US Immigration Policy

will always keep you up to date on Facebook


888-ZONTLAW (9668529)

888 - ZONTLAW (9668529)

 160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest new

Receive the latest news